CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Slacker!



I really fell behind with blogging this week! My apologies!




The Nut is on fall break - which means no more "Mommy time" and Chase is out of town which really means no more "Mommy time" which in turn, means no more blogging time! I'm about to get us all caught up though!




Day 11 - Another picture of you and your friends



I know - I'm such a cliche Mom - but seriously, this kid is my best friend, and those dogs...well, they are two of a kind and even though I'm almost always mad at them, I couldn't imagine my life without them! And yes - Hunter has no hair. That's a story for another day!


Day 12 - How you found out about blogs and why you made one

When I was in high school, I had a live journal account. For my circle of friends, it was the "cool" thing to do, although for me, it came naturally. I've always been journaling and writing. It was a small stretch for me to now share my journal with the world, but I overcame that easily and wrote about anything and everything. Fast forward a few years, and once my husband and I moved into our house, I opened a "family blog" because I knew that someday I would want to remember all the trivial things that happened in our daily life. You can read my very first blog entry here!


Day 13 - A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
This is a hard one. I imagine I'm going to get emotional here because I'm going to have to dig deep and perhaps get raw. Here goes nothing I suppose...
Dear God -

I feel like You've let me down lately. I feel like I'm being tested - but I'm not sure why You need to test me in this way. I'm trying really hard to be a great wife, a great Mom - trying really hard to raise my family, grow my business and be everything to everybody. At the same time, I'm trying to give myself everything that I need and feel I deserve - but You're testing my ability to do that. Just this week - I was short with my husband, I cried tears that were unnecessary, I lost patience with my son, with my dogs, I was in a bad mood while doing things I love to do. And I can't help but blame You. I don't know why You're testing me like this. You have to be able to see how much it hurts me. I don't understand it. I want to - I pray to - I look to You for guidance and answers, but I feel like I'm not getting anything. I'm not sure how long I can continue on, holding my faith with You and feeling this hurt. I need to find some answers soon so I'm afraid I will stray from my faith. I don't want to, I really don't, but You're hurting me. My husband tries to be everything he can for me - my son is such a blessing - my life has SO many blessings and I think about those things - all those things that You've helped me achieved and have helped me find, and I am so grateful. But I've hurt my husband in this past year because of things I blame on You. You have to be able to see that I'm not handling it well. I can't test my marriage anymore than it's already been tested. I need to regain the ground I've lost, and be the wife I know I can be. I need Your help. I can not do this alone. I need you to help me get stronger. I'm trying to trust in that everything happens for a reason - but I need to find those reasons soon. Please help me to do that.
In Your name I pray,
Holly
Day 14 - A picture of you and your family
Minus my sister, brother-in-law, neice and nephew in Arizona, this is my family. They mean the world to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment