CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Whew!

What a weekend it has been in our house already! Between Halloween and Hunter's birthday, we've been busy, busy, busy! Two things (aside from a post of ISO) are coming soon - Hunter's birthday post, as well as a birth story post - something I relive every year to remind myself why I hated being pregnant. It's makes a little bit happier to remind myself of that when I'm angry at other things. :) Anywho's keeping up with 30 days of blogging...

Day 20 - Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
I don't see myself marrying anyone other than my husband. I haven't seen that for a long, long time -even if we were states away and not in a relationship for a long period of time. Even if I was in other relationships - it always came down to the fact that he wasn't Chase. No one was ever going to be the same as my Chase. I told Chase soon after we met that we were going to get married someday - at 18, he thought I was crazy. Guess I'm not so crazy after all!

Day 21 - A picture of something that makes you happy
For me, when my husband brings me home a Slurpee, it's like he's brought me flowers or jewelery. I know he was thinking about me, and wanting to do something special for me. Slurpees get me every time! I love them! I'm pretty sure I'm going to go get one now - who cares if it's 8AM. It's 5:00 somewhere?? :)

Day 22 - What makes you different from everyone else
A lot of things! I'll start with the fact that Chase I didn't do this "conventionally." I was pregnant with Hunter at 20 - I was freaked out when I told Chase I was pregnant - so scared he was going to leave me (I did give him that option). But what Chase did next describes the basis for the next 5 years of our life - when I told him, he asked me why I was crying. He told me I didn't need to be crying - that it was okay - we would make it work. And we have. We waited two years to get married - we didn't want to marry because of Hunter - we wanted to marry for us -and we did. I see a lot of couples marrying because of getting pregnant - and while I've seen it work out - I've also seen it not work out - and knew it wasn't for us. We were lucky enough to live with my parent's for the first 18 months of Hunter's life while we saved our money. Because of their generosity, we were able to buy our first house when I was 22 and Chase was 23. And, since I was pregnant - I've felt that it was important to me to stay with my son at home for as long as possible. Through some creative thinking, and my business adventures, it's worked out well thus far. We might not always have everything we want - but we have everything we need - for now, that's plenty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment